Library Learning Commons
The Library Learning Commons serves as the focal point for all information literacy and problem solving instruction in the school. The mission is to ensure that all students become independent, skillful, and ethical users and communicators of ideas and information.
When you are not at school you will need account names and passwords to access many of the databases.
Please see library staff to get a list of them or email us!
@SHS using the Destiny Library Catalog
Click on the icon above to access the school's library catalog.
Our catalog will search all of the books, ebooks, audio books, and websites that we have access to as our school.
To find all of our ebooks, do a search for material type = ebooks
Student login: username & password = student id#
Faculty login: username = teacher id# and password = 12345
@Linked Libraries using the Ferguson Library Catalog
Click on the icon above to access the Ferguson Public Library's library catalog.
The Ferguson catalog will search all of the books, magazines, ebooks, audiobooks, emovies, emusic, emagazines, CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, and playaways they have access to. There are also research databases and streaming services.
is a collaborative project between the Ferguson Library and the Stamford Public Schools to make the library’s resources available to students at their schools. Students and staff can reserve and check out library books online and have them delivered directly to their school. The goals of the program are to share the resources (print & digital) of the public library more widely with the schools, and to cultivate a lifelong love of reading for knowledge and pleasure in our students.
Student login: username = 2111800 + student id# and the PIN = 9999
Faculty login: To get a Ferguson Library Teachers Card, click here.
Other eBook Sources
Click on the icon above to access the ebooks and audiobooks that are available to you through SHS and the Ferguson Public Library.
Sora has books specifically for SHS and a seperate collection for the Ferguson Public Library.
Student login: use school Gmail login
Faculty login: use school Gmail login
How can I access Sora?
- Download the free Sora app from the Apple App story, Google Play Store, or visit their site.
- Set-Up Code: stamfordct
- Login with your school Google email address
- Enjoy anytime, anywhere on a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
How can I access Ferguson Library Sora books?
Once you are logged in click on Stamford City Schools under Explore
Under Let’s Find Your Library, type: Ferguson Library and click on it
You can flip between SPS Books and Ferguson Books
Other eBook Sources
- Google Books - 100's of 1000's of titles (Select "full view" or "free only" in search results.)
- Internet Archive - Over 2.5 million titles
- ManyBooks.net - 29,000 titles
- Online Books Page - Over 1 million titles
- Project Gutenberg - Over 33,000 titles
- For the Kindle - Amazon's Free Collection (over 16.000 of the most popular classics)
- Free e-Textbooks - CK12 FlexBooks (Math and science subjects for middle and high school classes)
* Note: These sites require setting up an account with a credit card.
- researchIT CT's Downloadable eAudio & eBook Service
- E-Reference Books - Search the contents of science, health, and history reference books.
- Books & Authors - Adapted from What Do I Read Next? for better searching and with new Web 2.0 features. For everyone from students to professionals to casual readers.
- Free E-Books - Millions of free, downloadable e-books in a variety of formats, including some playable on the iPad, Kindle or Nook.
- Downloadable Audio Books - Over 2100 nonfiction and fiction audio books that you can download to your computer and transfer for limited times to your iPod or MP3 player.
Holds and checkout require a valid CT public library card number.